[PD] VLC rc connection

wolfgang schwarzenbrunner schwarz at gen-control.com
Sat Dec 1 22:40:23 CET 2007

oki...

either start vlc from terminal with something like:

/Applications/vlc/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC --extraintf rc --rc-host
localhost:3000

or just start it as usual and apply the settings from "vlc_settings.png".

the patch itself is a little nothing. - i only testet some basic
features (play, stop, next playlist item... ) and don`t ask me how i
came up with that strange message syntax ("send play play") - sometimes
one argument is enough, sometimes not. if you don`t understand what i
mean - just try the patch and edit the messages.

if you start vlc from terminal you can get a nice list of arguments
after entering "help" when the terminal says that everything is ok and a
remote connection is established...

best
wolfgang