[PD] colored arrays?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Dec 2 01:12:15 CET 2007

I was playing with coloring the arrays, and it turns out to be quite
a bit more tricky than the other areas.  So I am going to let it rest
for a bit.  I might take it up later. I do think it's a good idea
overall.  I just want to make sure there aren't major problems with
what I have done so far before doing a big chunk of work.

.hc

On Nov 12, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Kevin McCoy wrote:

> I hate to ask, I thought I should at least suggest a couple of
> things - to have a "foreground" color variable for the graph as
> well, and have the option to make it display as an opaque region
> rather than just individual dots?  A certain other dataflow
> language does this and I found it extremely helpful when you are
> looking at anything other than black and white graphs.
>
> Another thing I liked about a certain kind of graph in this "other
> language" was that it had this little pencil tool where you could
> click on the graph and it would change the array wherever you
> clicked to whatever value the mouse was at.  You didn't have to
> first move the mouse over the existing point and then draw (this is
> a constant pain!), you could just start drawing on it.  This would
> be a really nice feature that would round out array and graph
> functionality well in my opinion.
>
> Although to be fair I am pretty sure something like this could be
> accomplished with data structures as well.
>
> Thanks for the work you've been doing, exciting changes being made.
>
> On Nov 11, 2007 5:11 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> I am currently working on making the background of "graphs" (GOP and
> arrays) a settable variable like the others I added.  It's a bit
> tricky to get the text to show up on top of that tho....
>
> .hc
>
> On Nov 11, 2007, at 4:19 AM, hard off wrote:
>
> > afaik, you can't change the actual colour of the array, but you can
> > put a canvas of equal size behind the array for a coloured
> background.

> --
> ----
>
> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
> one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
> language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne

> --
>
> ++++
> http://art.sewanee.edu/mccoy

----