[PD] Bandlimited waveforms

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 2 18:52:31 CET 2007

hey frank

oh! this is great! i don't have time right now to dig into it, but i
sure will after the semester is over (in a few days). i was always
looking for a way to create pwm (or other changeable bandlimited
waveforms).

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 15:19 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> This approach has one big advantage over bandlimiting with
> pre-calculated wavetables as realized in some old patches by Guenther
> Geiger and newer ones by Roman: The waveforms can be changed on the
> fly, for example to do PWM on a rectangle wave, which is hard or
> impossible with pre-calculated bandlimited waveforms

yeah, i am looking forward to see an implementation of bandlimited pwm
square (or making my hands dirty by trying it myself).

> As this technique wasn't really discussed on this list so far AFAIR, I
> just attached the patches for everyone who's interested in it to try
> and of course to comment and squash bugs.
>
> [1] http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node196.html

i once  read the chapter in millers book and also had a look at the
example, but i haven't understood it. i hope your patches will help me
understand better.

thanks

roman