[PD] [msgfile]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 3 18:19:24 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 11:16 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Andy Graybeal hat gesagt: // Andy Graybeal wrote:
>
> > Thanks for responding.
> >
> > Here's a very simple patch I made to share this problem... and in making
> > this patch, I'm finding that once I play to the end of a sequence in
> > [msgfile] that it won't rewind to the beginning.. no matter how many times
> > i tell it to "rewind"
>
> Okay, this is not related to any execution order bugs. But I cannot
> reproduce the behaviour you describe. Your patch on my machine works
> without problems. You may try to use  [textfile] instead of [msgfile]
> in that patch, to see if it's a bug in your version of msgfile. What
> you do in the example can also be done with textfile.

hi all

i noticed, that one of my netpd-patches didn't work properly anymore
after i upgraged from zexy 2.1 to 2.2.0. i didn't invest the time to
exactly figure out what was going on, but the problem was [msgfile]. it
was the only zexy objectclass i used in that patch and the problem
appeared only, if 2.2.0 was loaded. i am sorry for being too lazy to
properly investigate the exact cause and what exactly had changed in the
behaviour of [msgfile] (because the patch was created before [list] and
i found [msgfile] an ugly solution compared to a [list] based one, so i
decided to just get rid of [msgfile] instead of figuring out, what was
happening), but at least i can tell, that there must be a change in the
[msgfile] since 2.1 . probably IOhannes can confirm this to be really
sure (since i couldn't find a changelog for zexy).

roman