[PD] Pd + asterisk?

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Tue Dec 4 05:42:26 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Now that I think about it, it would also work to have each call open
> an instance of a patch within one constantly running Pd process.
> Then when the call is dropped, that patch instance would close.  For
> this to work well, we'd need to add the ability for a patch to close
> itself programmatically (currently, when a patch sends menuclose to
> itself, Pd crashes :( )

Yes, that would certainly be the ideal way to do it.  In fact, instead of
messing around with multiple Pd processes, I would much rather just help solve
whatever the problem is that causes this not to work.

Are there any existing bug reports or any previous discussions about the problem?

--
Russell Bryant