[PD] VLC rc connection

wolfgang schwarzenbrunner schwarz at gen-control.com
Tue Dec 4 10:35:59 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:

> It would be great to have this all in a page on the webpage, like
> somewhere here:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/
>
> There is one other step needed after setting the preferences when
> starting in GUI mode.  That is to turn on the interface.  I believe rc
> interface is called "Console" in the VLC->Add Interface menu.
well... actually i didn`t use "add interface". in the preferences under
"main interface" there is "rc", which needs to be activated in the "main
interface" section. i thought "console" actually is the telnet interface.

i tried it under windows too without success.

it would be really cool if someone would have a glue how to get rid of
this semicolon at the end of each "pd send". i think this would solve
some problems and maybe this is also the only problem for windows (as it
connects fine - but doesn`t recognise any sends)

best
wolfgang