[PD] Windows nightly builds are back

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 4 20:43:31 CET 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Martin Peach wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Finally, the Windows builds are working again.  I am interested to
>> hear about how the GUI changes work on Windows...
> All objects except the iemguis are invisible. (WindowsXP)

This can be related to some things:

   1. the update queue mechanism introduced in 0.38 isn't working anymore
      so the queue just builds up without flushing or the queue just
      doesn't ever build up.

   2. every non-GOP patch gets treated like a GOP drawn in itself. If the
      floatboxes (Ctrl+3) don't get drawn, it's probably not the problem.

   3. new patch colouring mechanism happens to draw white-on-white (I
      haven't looked at how it works, so I don't know whether it's possible
      that this happens)

   4. Tcl commands are erring, and the errancies are redirected to some
      kind of /dev/null by Windows or by the custom Wish Shell used by Pd.