[PD] control-click in edit mode is gone

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 4 21:04:17 CET 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> This leads me to the question of the "Text Editor".  Is there any
> reason to have it besides as a workaround for the lack of copy-n-
> paste in boxes?

What DesireData does is put the "Text Editor" directly in the patch, no
extra window, and make it appear automatically whenever editing the
content of an objectbox, messagebox, floatbox, symbolbox, comment, or
[nbx]. It disappears automatically (and applies changes) when pressing
Return. Pressing Escape cancels changes. Clicking outside of the box does
either depending on the kind of box, just like in Vanilla. There's no way
you can edit the content of any of those six kinds of boxes with anything
else than "Text Editor".

Doing this for objectboxes was Chun's first contribution to DesireData,
and the five other kinds eventually followed.