[PD] open recent

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Dec 4 22:25:26 CET 2007

>>   Also if we double-click on the icon of a patch still on win32
>> platform, it opens an instance of pd, it would be nice if the patch
>> was
>> opened in the already loaded (the last one at least) instance of pd.
>>

> That is an old, known bug. I saw this Miller's TODO.  If you got this
> working, and submitted a patch, I think he would be likely to accept it.

I'm also very curious about a solution for this, which is non-trivial on
Windows. I failed to do it with DDE (because old-fashioned DDE doesn't
seem to be really working with current Windows versions) and using the
"find running PD process" method requires sending an "open patcher"
inquiry to the TCL/TK part of the already-running PD which is beyond my
TCL/TK capabilities (not to mention interest).

gr~~~