[PD] segmented patchcords (was Re: PD & MAX)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 4 23:02:53 CET 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Martin Peach wrote:

> Yes, I have trouble in Max when the segmented patch cords are all laid
> on top of each other for neatness.

At no time the patchcords ought to overlay themselves exactly above other
patchcords. In my idea of segmentation implementation, I'm seriously
thinking about introducing mandatory correction to ensure at least a one
pixel separation (blank) between parallel patchcords to prevent any
accidental confusion. Not that this can't happen with regular patchcords
(unless I make exceptions to my layout that might seem contrived... often
I don't know where to place things so that it doesn't look ambiguous, and
it doesn't take me that many objects to get there)