[PD] control-click in edit mode is gone

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 5 00:18:51 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 18:19 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:
>
> > I think it's a real question whether it's better to have Pd act similarly
> > across all platforms or whether it's best to adapt key bindings, etc., to
> > specific ones.  Certainly the first solution makes long-term maintainabilty
> > (a high priority for me) easier.
>
> I'm for sensible Pd-specific default shortcuts plus - in the longer
> term - user-configurable shortcuts. Imagine if Emacs or Vi would
> follow MS-Windows-guidelines ...

good point

probably this doesn't apply to everyone, but i find myself often in
situations, where i explain pd to people and everyone is running it on a
different operating system. it even happens, that i am working on the
same project on different computers with different operating systems
simultaneously.
also i believe, that learning specific shortcuts is one of the rather
small culprits when learning pd.

my vote goes clearly for same behaviour of pd over all platforms.

roman