[PD] Windows nightly builds are back

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 5 01:03:54 CET 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 3:01 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>> All objects except the iemguis are invisible. (WindowsXP)
>>
>> This can be related to some things:
>>
>>   1. the update queue mechanism introduced in 0.38 isn't working
>> anymore
>>      so the queue just builds up without flushing or the queue just
>>      doesn't ever build up.
>>
>>   2. every non-GOP patch gets treated like a GOP drawn in itself.
>> If the
>>      floatboxes (Ctrl+3) don't get drawn, it's probably not the
>> problem.
>
> Floatboxes don't get drawn. Only the bang, toggle, slider, number2,
> radio, vumeter and the data in arrays show up. No patch cords either.

Very strange that it works fine on Mac OS X and Ubuntu, but not
Windows.  I just did some more testing on Mac OS X.  It looks like Tk
is not actually drawing to the canvas, since I can change the
background color of the canvas, but I don't see anything drawn.

Any ideas?

.hc

>>   3. new patch colouring mechanism happens to draw white-on-white (I
>>      haven't looked at how it works, so I don't know whether it's
>> possible
>>      that this happens)
>>
>>   4. Tcl commands are erring, and the errancies are redirected to
>> some
>>      kind of /dev/null by Windows or by the custom Wish Shell used
>> by Pd.
>
> If I open pd from a command prompt no errors are printed in any
> window.
>
> Martin

----

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic