[PD] open recent

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 5 05:31:38 CET 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 7:55 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>>>

>>> One parenthesis...(
>>>
>>> in win32 pd-vanilla it's possible to drag'n'drop patches from
>>> explorer,
>>> sometimes this trick can save a lot of clicks'n'time, this trick
>>> already
>>> available in 0.37(, when I've started to try puredata,) doesn't
>>> work in
>>> pd-extended.
>> Really, how do you do that?  I tried on Windows XP using pd-
>> vanilla 0.39.2 and 0.40.2 and could not get any drag-n-drop to work.
>
> in proc open_file from
>
> pd-vanilla/bin/pd.tk line 432:
>
> catch {
>     package require tkdnd
>     dnd bindtarget . text/uri-list <Drop> {
>         foreach file %D {open_file $file}
>     }
> }
>

> this stuff needs tkdndlib
>

> pkgIndex.tcl for windows:
>
> package ifneeded tkdnd 1.0 [list load [file join $dir
> libtkdnd10.dll] tkdnd]
>
> in linux I believe we don't need this kind of code for loading tk
> libs if it's installed correctly

So you are saying if you install tkdnd, then the tkdnd features don't
work in Pd-extended?

It would be very nice to have tkdnd built and included as part of Pd-
extended.  Any interest in taking this on?  Basically, it looks like
the best way to do it would be to import the tkdnd source code into
pure-data CVS, then make it build and install automatically.
Shouldn't be too hard if tkdnd is easy to build.  Certainly easier
than making Pd build with Cygwin :D.

----

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic