[PD] Object to store images and movies.

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Dec 5 17:50:27 CET 2007

If you are using GEM, then look at [pix_image], [pix_film] and
[pix_movie]. You'll need to develop some sort of rudimentary "database"
to catalog and access the images and clips, of course...

best,
d.

Donal Carey wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is my first post to the list so I'll do a quick intro and
> backround. My name's Donal Carey and I'm currently studying for a
> Masters in Multimedia Systems in Trinity College Dublin (Ireland).
>
> I'm starting work on a PD project for use by DJ's in a live performance
> context. The basic premise of the project is that the PD patch will
> select and display media (still images & video) automatically based on
> the tempo and complexity of the music. So at the start of the
> performance when the music is minimal the patch will select and display
> only black and white still images, as the tempo and complexity increases
> the patch should start displaying black and white videos also. After a
> certain threshold is reached the patch should display only colour
> videos. Hopefully the effect will be that as the night progresses and
> the music gets faster and more complicated the images displayed should
> move from B&W stills into B&W video and from there into colour video,
> all automatically of course.
>
> My question is, is there a PD object (like an array) that will store
> these sets of media for me?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Donal

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 70:
"Feedback recordings into an acoustic situation"