[PD] segmented patchcords (was Re: PD & MAX)

vade doktorp at mac.com
Wed Dec 5 19:42:55 CET 2007

Dear god, please, no.

no no no no no. No gradiated patch coords. *please*

I would not mind self routing patch coords, but somehow, whenever a
computer/algorithm/programmer tries to do things for me, like
intelligently re-arrange "x", it ends up getting in my way. I suspect
this will be the case for all but the simplest routing around objects
scenario.

But really - Segmented patch coord are a decent solution - I insist
they can help readability, if used correctly.

I mean, whats the difference between a poorly laid out patch WITHOUT
patch segmentation to one WITH segmentation, both are spaghetti! Hard
to read, and will need to be re-laid out /refactored to make any sense.

With segmented patch coords users have the choice to use them, and
well laid out patches with segmentation (again, I really insist), can
be more readable and less visually distracting than those without.

VIVA LLA SEGMENTED PATCH COORD REVOLUTION!