[PD] segmented patchcords (was Re: PD & MAX)

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 20:21:02 CET 2007

Segmenting, coloring, and/or hiding the patch cords aren't going to
magically make every patch clear and easy to follow.  Once a patch gets to a
certain level of density it is time to rethink how the whole thing is
structured or find a different tool.  Abstractions and subpatches help quite
a bit, but at a certain point going 11 windows deep to find or fix something
is nearly as ridiculous as cramming everything into a single spider webbed
window.