[PD] Pd + asterisk?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 5 21:00:33 CET 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 8:19 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:

> drh270 wrote:
>> This sounds great!
>
> Cool, thanks for the interest.  :)
>
>> Chris, in an earlier post mentioned using OSC, he was using a Python
>> script, so communicating via OSC may be a starting point.
>
> Yeah, I saw that.  Thanks for bringing up OSC again.  The trick is
> going to be
> to have a real-time interface that provides both media and call
> signaling
> access.  I could put together a native interface in Asterisk for
> OSC so that
> digit presses could be sent out as OSC messages.  Then, optionally,
> at the same
> time, the audio could be flowing in and out of Pd, as well.

OSC sounds like a good interface for the messaging since it's not too
complicated and is pretty well supported.  One thing that might be
nice to have in the Asterisk OSC is the time-tagged messages.  Most
OSC implementations ignore that part of it, unfortunately, but I
think it could be useful to have when syncing different parts, like
if one program was processing audio and another handling video.

.hc