[PD] open recent

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 5 21:13:10 CET 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 7:55 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

>>> in proc open_file from
>>>
>>> pd-vanilla/bin/pd.tk line 432:
>>>
>>> catch {
>>>     package require tkdnd
>>>     dnd bindtarget . text/uri-list <Drop> {
>>>         foreach file %D {open_file $file}
>>>     }
>>> }
>>>

>>> this stuff needs tkdndlib
>>>

>>> pkgIndex.tcl for windows:
>>>
>>> package ifneeded tkdnd 1.0 [list load [file join $dir
>>> libtkdnd10.dll] tkdnd]
>>>
>>> in linux I believe we don't need this kind of code for loading tk
>>> libs if it's installed correctly
>> So you are saying if you install tkdnd, then the tkdnd features
>> don't work in Pd-extended?
>> It would be very nice to have tkdnd built and included as part of
>> Pd-extended.  Any interest in taking this on?  Basically, it looks
>> like the best way to do it would be to import the tkdnd source
>> code into pure-data CVS, then make it build and install
>> automatically.  Shouldn't be too hard if tkdnd is easy to build.
>> Certainly easier than making Pd build with Cygwin :D.
>> .hc
>
>  If the build-system could build and install this tklib and some
> other ones, it would be just fabulous, and also we would be able to
> improve the gui a lot more easily. Also I'm not sure about what
> would be the best place for putting the building code of this feature

I originally started the 'extensions' section in CVS for adding
things like tkdnd.  I think there could be 'extensions/tcltk' and in
there we could put things like tkdnd, tkpath, etc.  There would be
extensions/tcltk/Makefile, which would call the build system for each
of the packages (tkdnd, tkpath, etc), Then in 'extensions/Makefile',
it would call 'extensions/tcltk/Makefile' to build and install the
whole thing.

That's how I was thinking about it, but it could probably be done
other ways too.

----

scarcity."        -John Gilmore