[PD] segmented patchcords (was Re: PD & MAX)

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 5 22:33:07 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>And how about patch cords that start out one colour and end up  another
>>with
>>a smooth blend all the way along? Then you could identify different  cords
>>as
>>well as know which way they were going.
>
>Color really makes things stand out, especially in a black and white
>patch.  So my question is, what would this color fade be  communicating?  A
>fade would stand out even more than a solid color,  IMHO.  What is that
>fade communicating and is it more important that  other elements, like the
>object box, the inlets/outlets, the text in  the boxes, etc.

I guess just a quick way to tell which end is which. For instance the
originating end could be redder and the terminating end could be bluer (and
outlets would be red and inlets blue). Or colour saturation could decline
along the cord. It may be more useful if a mouseover made the colours
appear, otherwise everything stays black.

Martin