[PD] Meaning of -noprefs

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Thu Dec 6 21:11:31 CET 2007

Hi,

> I think "-noprefs" should stop .pdrc as well, since it's in the spirit
that is great news! Btw, is there a document on the available options in .pdsettings?

For example:
Does "defeatrt: 0" imply -rt?
Otherwise, how does one set -rt?
Which Audio-API is which number?

Let me take the opportunity to address two other issues, both already
discussed a lot on the list but still worthy to address:

Hiding hidden folders in Tcl's file dialog. (1)
The position of objects being pasted into a patcher. (2)

After almost five years of working with pd a lot, these two things are
the ones, that bother users (like me) the most. They might be hard to
solve, but are still necessary to solve.
One can live without much eye-candy and other 'nice-to-have' features very well.
But those two things are an obstacle to everyday work in pd, because (1)
is slowing the work down, and (2) is causing confusion.

thanks & regards from

Peter

* Miller Puckette <mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu> [2007-12-05 23:46]: