[PD] pd and max (2)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Dec 7 17:50:36 CET 2007

hi

João Miguel Pais wrote:
> How about a list of things that are special, and could be put into pd to
> make it more special?

> - all objects based on "invisible cords" (sends- and receive-based
> objects) could have a shortcut to its counterparts like in max. I
> personally avoid these kinds of objects as much as possible, but in some
> situations they are the only viable solution.

i though max/msp has send/receive too.

> - auto-setting size for objects? if you have a gate object with more than
> 4 outputs (or any other object), you'll need to make some garbage text or

hmm; apart from the fact that [gate] does not exist as an object in Pd,
i also thought that it has only one output...

> something in order to work with it. since it is quite logical that when
> the user needs outputs they should be acessible, an elegant solution would
> be to assign a minimal value to the gap between outputs. if the standard
> space of the object isn't big enough, the object will make itself bigger
> automatically.
> Although the stretching possibility in max is quite useful as well.

afaik, max/msp has both: the object automatically resizes to a suitable
default, but the user can then resize the object to their likings.

> is there a place in the wiki or something to put suggestions like these?

one place to put them would be the tracker at sourceforge (create a
bug-report and tag it as "wishlist" or "feature request").

btw, i like all of your ideas

fma.s
IOhannes