[PD] gridflow for expert people ?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Dec 8 03:15:57 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 01:49 +0100, Jack wrote:
> Why gridflow is for expert coder people (< 0,00000000000000005 % of
> people on the earth ?

hm, i am sure, that gridflow is used by more than 0.000000003 people on
earth  ;-)

i wouldn't call myself an expert, but i would call myself a sporadic
gridflow user. i used gridflow for an artwork during my exchange at
university of ottawa.

i wouldn't say that gridflow is only for expert people, but yes, there
is a lot to learn, when learning gridflow. and learning it is very
interesting. i don't have an academical/mathematical background and for
me gridflow is one of these tools, that help me understand theories,
that i wouldn't have a chance to understand whithout seeing them
implemented and working. this applies also very much to pd, i think.
would you consider pd to be a tool only for dsp experts and academic
musicians?

roman