[PD] code and compilers

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:03:11 CET 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 4:38 PM, Andrew Brouse <brouse at music.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> An old-school hacker (poet turned progammer, classic!) once told me that
> he used to debug his programmes (on mainframes, with not even 1M of
> memory) by actually just watching a display of activity in all memory
> locations. After a while, he just subconsciously internalised what was
> going on and managed to debug the code.

I like that.  It sounds strangely fulfilling.  It's like a deaf
composer writing a symphony.
Cribbage was invented by a poet.  Sometimes they surprise us!  William
Rowan Hamilton, on the other hand, was said to enjoy writing poems,
and was encouraged to stick with math...

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com