[PD] linebreaks in gui object name (label)?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Dec 8 19:21:04 CET 2007

Andy Graybeal wrote:
> i'm planning on using [sprintf]  ([makefilename] is confusing to me)
>
> something like this: [sprintf %f_%s] and instead of the underscore, i
> would like a line-break / line-feed (i don't really know what to call it)
> how would I get a line-feed instead of the underscore?
>
> how do i make a linebreak character?

look it up in an ascii-table.

zmoelnig at umlautd:~/shad$ ascii LF
ASCII 0/10 is decimal 010, hex 0a, octal 012, bits 00001010: called ^J,
LF, NL
Official name: Line Feed
Other names: Newline, \n

zmoelnig at umlautd:~/shad$ ascii CR
ASCII 0/13 is decimal 013, hex 0d, octal 015, bits 00001101: called ^M, CR
Official name: Carriage Return
C escape: '\r'
Other names:

you can then use %c in [makefilename] to generate this character.

again, i don't know whether tit will work. most likely you will see a
small rectangle instead of a line-break.

mf,as.f
IOhannes