[PD] colorgrid segmentation fault when GOP abstracted

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Sun Dec 9 20:25:13 CET 2007

Hi list, Lluis and Sevy,

I make very frequent use of the excellent colorgrid external and I just
noticed what appears to me as a bug.

A GOP'ed colorgrid in an abstraction is well displayed but as soon as I
try to remove the instantiated GOP abstraction from a patch (be it by
CTRL+X or simply deleting it) pd instantly crashes.

I'm on Ubuntu feisty, Miller's Pd (0.41-0test09).

Backtrace follows :
____________________________

jerome at goeland:~/puredata/pd/bin$ ./pd
<init> : Avifile RELEASE-0.7.47-070916-12:47-4.1.3
<init> : Available CPU flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic
sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht
tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
lahf
<init> : 2001.00 MHz Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7300  @ 2.00GHz
processor detected
invalid command name ".x82f8fc8.c"
invalid command name ".x82f8fc8.c"
invalid command name ".x82f8fc8.c"
invalid command name ".x82f8fc8.c"
invalid command name ".x82f8fc8.c"
invalid command name ".x82f8fc8.c"
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
pd_gui: pd process exited

I don't know why but I suspect a graphical/display bug...

Cheers,

Jé