[PD] Pd -extended 0.41 on debian : missing lib

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Dec 9 22:38:33 CET 2007

I haven't found a good way to set the various package dependencies in
the Debian package based on which version the package is being built
on.  The current .debs are very minimal, and definitely could use
some work, if anyone is looking for a project :D.

Currently, the dependencies for the nightly builds are hard coded,
and are set to support Debian/stable.  I set the Debian/testing build
to use Tcl/Tk 8.5 so that we can start testing it with that.  Tcl/Tk
8.5 has a number of really big improvements, like full anti-aliasing
support on X11 and much faster graphics on Mac OS X.

Also, there are now desiredata builds running on that machine, and dd
requires Tcl/Tk 8.5.

.hc

On Dec 9, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Olivier Heinry wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> FYI there was a missing dependency while installing
>  Pd-0.41.0-extended-20071209-debian-testing-i386.deb) under lenny :
>  libgsl0
>
> Plus I had to apt-get install tcl8.5 tk8.5
>

> Hope this helps for fine-tuning ;-)
>
> I used to run the Geiger's 0.40-2 package before.
>
> Bye
> O.

----

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra