[PD] phasor time scaling

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sun Dec 9 23:08:48 CET 2007

Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
> cyrille henry hat gesagt: // cyrille henry wrote:
>
>> i think if the input can only be a phasor you can :
>> -differenciate the phasor (with a biquad: out(t) = in(t) - in(t-1) )
>> -ignore negative value (with a test on a expr~ object by exemple)
>> -multiply by scale factor
>> -integrated this value (with a biquad: out(t) = in(t) + out(t-1) )
>> -wrap the result
>
> I tested this (attached) and it kind of works, but it doesn't seem to
> be phase synced, so one could just as well use a second phasor~. Or
> did I do something wrong?

well, the max~ 0 is not the perfect way to remove negative value. it would be beter to replace the negative value with the previus value.

if you want exactly f1/f2 = 1.5, then you can use a lower frequency phasor and generated 2 phasor at 2f and 3f. so phasor 2 frequency / phasor 3 will be a 1.5.

if sync is important, this is certainly a better way to do it. but less generic, as you can't have f1/f2=pi...

cyrille