[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 10 03:53:59 CET 2007

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Mike McGonagle wrote:

> Well, this is not something that is within reach of many people. We need
> to understand not just PD's internals, but how flext uses them, and we
> also need to know how to integrate these things with the extended
> nightly builds. Not quite certain how many people know ALL of these
> things. Probably only a handful, and it would appear that none of them
> are interested in getting flext working.

GridFlow also uses proxy inlets. There are simpler examples of proxy
inlets within pd itself. E.g. all [list] objects have it.

Basically you need to create another object that will be the "slave" of
your main object, and then create an inlet that will use that object. The
second argument of inlet_new is for that: the inlet appears on the first
argument's box, but messages will be sent to the second argument's object.
In that case you pass 0,0 for the other arguments (which are usually
symbols, but here are null pointers to mean "not applicable")