[PD] [psql] object hand-holding (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 10 04:10:50 CET 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:05:05 -0500 (EST)
From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
To: Mike McGonagle <mjmogo at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PD] [psql] object hand-holding

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Mike McGonagle wrote:
> Actually, we do support placeholders in using a PD message. Basically,
> anything that is a $1 will get replaced in the usual PD manner.

It's not a real placeholder if it doesn't quote the content automatically, and
it's also not a real placeholder if you don't provide the placeholder arguments
separately from the statement: after all of the statement has been sent once,
sending multiple lists of arguments should be invoking the same query (or
queries), with different arguments.

"In the usual PD manner" does not work.