[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Dec 10 10:39:57 CET 2007

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> it's unfortunate that you are not thrilled using flext.
> Since flext uses the PD api to get lists or other messages into
> secondary inlets there's nothing to stop you from doing the same in
> psql. The magic words are "proxy objects" which you might find in the
> mailing list archive (or the flext source code, if you prefer that).
> Needless to say flext saves you from coding these things yourself in a
> time consuming manner and makes other things really easy, once you got
> it running. You could also compile pool then.

The Python and Lua objects also support arbitrary messages on their
inlets. Both languages have DB modules for just about every DB,
compilation of these externals only has to be done only once. But as
everyone knows that I don't really understand why a DB external has to
be a C/C++ external, I'll better be quiet now. ;)

Ciao