[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 10 16:47:12 CET 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 6:14 AM, Thomas Grill wrote:

> Frank Barknecht schrieb:
>>  But as
>> everyone knows that I don't really understand why a DB external
>> has to
>> be a C/C++ external, I'll better be quiet now. ;)
>>

> Right. Over and out

Basically, only C and Pd externals have proven easy to manage.  If
you only care about your own machine, and people who like building
things from source, that's one thing.  But most people want to make
new things rather than spend time building software.

That's not to say that it is impossible to make the lua, python, etc.
well supported.  It is just a matter of someone doing the work, and
committing to maintain it.  So far, no one has.

----

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!