[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Dec 10 17:43:26 CET 2007

Hallo,

> On Dec 10, 2007, at 6:14 AM, Thomas Grill wrote:
>
> > Frank Barknecht schrieb:
> >>  But as
> >> everyone knows that I don't really understand why a DB external
> >> has to
> >> be a C/C++ external, I'll better be quiet now. ;)
> >>

> > Right. Over and out
>
> Basically, only C and Pd externals have proven easy to manage.

lua is a C external (or rather a loader) and it's very easy to manage.
Once the lua loader is built for your system (trivial on Linux and
probably just as trivial on OS-X and MS-Windows, but I don't have
access to these systems) a lua objectclasses is the equivalent to an
abstraction, which especially means, that it's just as easily changed
and edited by its users without every needing to recompile anything.

Ciao