[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Dec 10 17:57:31 CET 2007

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,

>>> Right. Over and out
>> Basically, only C and Pd externals have proven easy to manage.
>
> lua is a C external (or rather a loader) and it's very easy to manage.
> Once the lua loader is built for your system (trivial on Linux and
> probably just as trivial on OS-X and MS-Windows, but I don't have
> access to these systems) a lua objectclasses is the equivalent to an
> abstraction, which especially means, that it's just as easily changed
> and edited by its users without every needing to recompile anything.

Not quite as easy as abstractions - you still have to restart Pd.

Howver, there is also a [luax] object, though, that loads the Lua code
on each object creation rather than just once for all time, but you
still have to recreate each object by hand if you change the script.

> Ciao

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org