[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:19:59 CET 2007

On 12/10/07, Jamie Bullock <jamie at postlude.co.uk> wrote:

> PREPARE uses the '$' character as its placeholder identifier, and '$1'

Jamie, after thinking about this, I don't think we should worry about the
specifics of the characters that we use, as long as we can agree on what
gets entered into a PD message box, the specific instance of the external
('sqlite', 'psql', etc.) can handle the conversion to what the specific
database uses.

>From what I have seen on this thread, is it right that the '?' syntax does
NOT have an identifier following it? I think it would be very helpful if we
use identifiers in the SQL if only to make the binding to the proper
datatypes easier, as per my last email.

Mike
--
Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.