[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 10 20:16:50 CET 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 11:43 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,

>>> Right. Over and out
>>
>> Basically, only C and Pd externals have proven easy to manage.
>
> lua is a C external (or rather a loader) and it's very easy to manage.
> Once the lua loader is built for your system (trivial on Linux and
> probably just as trivial on OS-X and MS-Windows, but I don't have
> access to these systems) a lua objectclasses is the equivalent to an
> abstraction, which especially means, that it's just as easily changed
> and edited by its users without every needing to recompile anything.

 From what I hear from Marius' struggles with pdlua, it's definitely
not trivial, and I would say, I probably wouldn't call it easy
either.  I intend to help Marius get pdlua into Pd-extended, then
it'll be easy and hopefully even trivial to use.

----

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent
controls you." - Richard M. Stallman