[PD] hardcore nerd question

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 03:51:42 CET 2007

Yep, that's nailed it Ugur. It was "The Dead Past" in Earth is
room enough. I've conflated it with something else more recent.
Cheers for that.

I was looking for ideas dealing with entropy vs radiation,
stuff lost to the noise floor vs stuff that loses power but
propagates to eternity.

Interesting thing about the keyboard hack Chris, would one
or two keypresses really leave a measurable signature or is
this just fanciful Mission Impossible/James Bond stuff?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:23:55 +0200
"U__ur Güney" <ugurguney at gmail.com> wrote:

> # I hardly remember a story of Isaac Asimov in which he says that if such a
> device exists there can not be any privacy. Every conversation could be
> listened to by other one. But I think Asimov's device is related to visuals
> too, but the idea is similar...
> -ugur-
>
> On Dec 11, 2007 3:47 PM, Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > In a sci-fi story I once read, an inventor creates a device that can
> > listen
> > into the past by recovering long passed conversations from the thermal
> > heat
> > in a building.
> >
> > The author has totally slipped my mind. Does anyone remember this story
> > and who wrote it?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > --