[PD] VOSIM with a tiny bug

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 11 15:07:17 CET 2007

Hi,

attached is some stretched  phasor~ fun for your classic synthesis
methods class: an implementation of the VOSIM algorithm for speech
synthesis etc. as invented by Kaegi/Templaars.

My implementation is almost correct, but has a slight bug, which you
can see if you set M and T to the values indicated by message boxes,
set N to 2 or 3 and and set b to be larger than 0. Then the step
function which scales the amplitude of the sin^2 pulses starts
irregularily. I'm quite sure this comes from the way I use [samphold~]
inside [vosim~] as it sometimes samples the wrong value. However I
don't yet know of a proper workaround. (One workaround would be to
just omit the samhold-step, but the result would not be VOSIM
according to the textbooks.)

So anybody with a good idea?

Ciao