[PD] VOSIM with a tiny bug

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 19:56:14 CET 2007

Yep, Claude picked up on this and I changed it.
Then it changed itself back.

So someone else mentioned it and next time
I reset the motherboard. It changed itself back.

I put ntpd on. When it boots it has the right time
for a while and then it ignores that and goes back
to the future.

I just changed the ntp settings again to a new server
and update rate.

If this doesn't work, how do you go about getting a
computer exorcism?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:04:14 +0100
Andre Schmidt <andre at osku.de> wrote:

> is this just me, or why are Andys emails always in the future ?
> my date is atm: Tue Dec 11 19:03:36 CET 2007
>
> .andre
>

> On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 04:21 +0000, Andy Farnell wrote:
> > Hmm, isn't the second [wrap~] redundant anyway?
> >
> > On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:07:17 +0100
> > Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > attached is some stretched  phasor~ fun for your classic synthesis
> > > methods class: an implementation of the VOSIM algorithm for speech
> > > synthesis etc. as invented by Kaegi/Templaars.
> > >
> > > My implementation is almost correct, but has a slight bug, which you
> > > can see if you set M and T to the values indicated by message boxes,
> > > set N to 2 or 3 and and set b to be larger than 0. Then the step
> > > function which scales the amplitude of the sin^2 pulses starts
> > > irregularily. I'm quite sure this comes from the way I use [samphold~]
> > > inside [vosim~] as it sometimes samples the wrong value. However I
> > > don't yet know of a proper workaround. (One workaround would be to
> > > just omit the samhold-step, but the result would not be VOSIM
> > > according to the textbooks.)
> > >
> > > So anybody with a good idea?
> > >
> > > Ciao
> > > --