[PD] symbolatom: why does it not allow to type spaces?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Dec 11 20:13:28 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 13:53 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> You could use [hcs/version], if you don't get a response after a
> bang, it's probably not loaded.

interesting approach. but this would still cause an error, when
[hcs/version] cannot be found, right?

it's kind of bad practice to introduce 'expectable' errors. that is
something that annoys me personally the most about netpd right now.
errors should really only appear, when they mean something.

> Also, I plan on making an object out of Tk's entry ([entry] is
> actually based on Tk's text).  Tk's entry is a one line text widget
> meant for data entry.

mhm.... sounds promising...;-)

roman