[PD] gridflow for expert people ?

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:44:07 CET 2007

On 12 Dec 2007, at 4:16 AM, Max Neupert wrote:

>> Is there a Finder option to show dot-files? There's one on Linux.
>
> in the terminal type:
> defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 1
>
> then restart the finder and it will display all the hidden files too.
> another neat thing i discovered some days ago is if you naviagte in
> the terminal to a hidden folder and use the open command it will
> open the unvisible folder in the finder (try
> open /bin
> )

'Go to folder...' (or shift-cmd-G) will also open hidden folders in
Finder, then I make visible aliases to folders such as /bin or /usr.

For those who insist on GUI access to lots of preferences otherwise
only accessible through the terminal try TinkerTool from
http://www.bresink.com/osx/0TinkerTool/download.html
and/or OnyX from
http://www.titanium.free.fr.

For a very useful extension to Finder, a better way to get file info
and to browse invisible files try XRay from
http://www.brockerhoff.net/xray

simon