[PD] symbolatom: why does it not allow to type spaces?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 12 06:36:48 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 3:33 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> A simple fix for allowing spaces is making the label be based on a
>> list rather than a symbol.
>
> So, how do you put a label inside of an argument list, if you can't
> know where it ends? And how do you put multiple spaces in a row?

Simple answer: you don't put labels as arguments.

Full answer: you use the tcl flags to save the arguments.  This works
fine in binbufs:

-text "this is my label" -font "Lucida Sans" 10 bold -fg black -bg green

Check tkwidgets/text.c for more info.

----

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.