[PD] PD VideoPedia Project

giucant giucant at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 23:31:38 CET 2007

I use youtube mainly because it is simple and
everybody know it and yea, i like vacuum-cleaners,
above all their sound... ;-)

i agree with you about having a pd video search engine
even embedded in a dedicated pdpedia wiki page.

But i have thought a PD Videopedia mainly as a
community effort to make filters and to extend the
community itself...

i have some experience in music/audio teaching and
training: a beginner prefers a filtered information
because actually he doesn't know exactly what to
search in mare magnum, and categories can help him in
the pd discovery.
and there is always a rizoma danger...
geeks like Deleuze's rizomas, but students need
Porfirio's trees... (a really weak thought :)

maybe we should have the two paradigms
search-engine/filtered-information embedded in a
pdpedia wiki page using a a PDmotion video server (but
i really don't know how to implement it, i'd need your
help). What do you think?

In the meantime please continue to signal video stuff
and feel free to partecipate/sponsor this project.

ciao