[PD] symbolatom: why does it not allow to type spaces?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 13 19:08:05 CET 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> This is purely a practical issue.  If your patches don't work
>> across Pd and Desiredata, then they are not compatible.  It's that
>> simple. Compatibility is one goal that can get in the way of
>> fixing bugs. Why not just write separate bugfree versions and
>> leave the existing names to be compatible objects?  Basically,
>> unless desiredata is compatible, it not very useful to Pd users.
>
> It's not my job to force you to figure out what's the trouble that
> you want me to get into.
>
> If you don't even look like you've read what I write and just
> restate the same thing, it's not communication.

In the past you have said that you want to make DesireData compatible
with Pd.  I am pointing out a possible incompatibility.  If you don't
want to make it compatible, that is your choice.

----

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent
controls you." - Richard M. Stallman