[PD] honk abstractions

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:42:36 CET 2007

Johannes~

These objects are very nice, and would be a great contribution to
Pd-extended! Thanks so much for sharing them.

One thing that would be helpful for you to do is to create a simple
object-help.pd file for each object. The reason this is preferred over
the help being within the abstraction (which is still a nice thing to
have) is simple.

When you open the abstraction by itself, it doesn't have all the nice
functions of a loaded abstraction, rather it is like a normal patch.
To really show off how someone can use your abstraction (and give them
a nice point of departure to cut/paste into their own projects) it is
customary and appreciated to write a simple wrapper patch (*-help.pd)
that implements the abstraction "in the wild."

For instance, I had to create a new file called honktest.pd within
your honk folder in order to test out your (very awesome)
abstractions.

So that's just my own humble two cents (not worth much compared to the
Euro as of now).

Again, thanks so much for sharing your tools!

~Kyle