[PD] Pix Film crashing

Donal Carey donal at lunasadesign.com
Fri Dec 14 16:38:51 CET 2007

Hi All

I'm using a combination of coll and makefilename in order to output a list of quicktime clips to pix_film. I'm using coll to load a list of 4 clips and then outputting them through makefilename into pix_film, the first clip loads in fine and it play's, however, when I hit the next message on coll to output the second clip filename, nothing happens. I am getting no error message in the pd window, it just says that the second clip has been loaded with no errors, but I cannot play back the clip in the GEM window. When I try to load in the third clip PD crashes out (constantly). The clips are all quite small (under 2mb) so my question is, do I need to reset pix_film in some way after each clip has finished playing so that it will play the next clip?
I've attached a screenshot of my patch so you can see what I'm doing.

Thanks and regards
Donal