[PD] PD network problem - pdextended

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 14 17:29:18 CET 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Martin Peach wrote:
> bigswift wrote:
>> When using pd onsite without a network connection i cannot edit files with
>> pd-extened RC5 on Ubuntu Gutsy. If a ethernet cable is connected i can edit
>> files, but if i am not wired in i cannot make new connections or edit a
>> file. Is there a way to workaround this?
> Put the files on the same machine your keyboard is connected to?

I suggest that you disconnect your keyboard while you make suggestions
like this one ;)

Seriously, isn't that a problem with the routing on network interface lo?
I had problems like that because a certain version of a DHCP program would
take the default as being "DHCP on all connections", but no-one runs a
DHCP server on lo, and everybody has lo, so it would erase the lo settings
every damn time, if you forget to specify a network interface as an
argument.