[PD] symbolatom: why does it not allow to type spaces?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Dec 14 20:58:05 CET 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I should correct the above line, it's not quite right:
>> -text {this is my label} -font {"Lucida Sans" 10 bold} -fg black -
>> bg green
>>
>> AFAIK, using the {} as quotes means it should had over everything
>> inside of those brackets.  So {"} should show a double quote.
>
> You can also backslash double-quotes instead.
>
>>> how do you put a literal dollarsign within labels?
>> Donno, any suggestions?
>
> backslash it!

Pd doesn't support backslashes.

>>> what about open-bracket?
>> This one has stumped me, and I've asked a bit in #tcl, but no luck.
>
> backslash it!

If it was just a backslash, do you think I'd be asking?

>> suggestions?  Did you get it working?  What is actually more
>> important, IMHO, is a way to insert a open-bracket into a text
>> widget using a message.  Using [key 123( then lots of escaping in
>> C hasn't worked for me either.
>
> 123 is not a bracket, it's a brace. But for either the solution is
> the same: backslash it!

Sorry, brackets "[]" work fine, and close curly bracket "}" works
fine, but I can't figure out how to send a open curly bracket "{" to
the text widget from Pd.  And no, backslashes don't work.

----

                             kill your television