[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 16 23:12:08 CET 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007, at 8:31 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:
>> One can dream I guess.
>
> I think that GEM is dataflow-ish, but it is representing OpenGL
> render chains rather than the physical shapes they generate...

There's no way to stretch any definition of dataflow to call GEM
dataflow-ish. Execution order itself is not dataflow. If you just use bang
(or equivalently just the "gem" message) then there's no dataflow aspect
involved, there is only execution order that is important.

Chris means dreaming about making GEM more dataflowish, not just
pretending that it is.