[PD] timing question

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon Dec 17 15:55:28 CET 2007

Thanks, Zen-Master Claudius. Your quantum revelations still leave me
wondering, however, what is the minimum time between two events which
can be scheduled?

I teach my students that the reason you can't send audio to "message"
(i.e. non-audio) objects is that "message" objects run slower. While
this may not be "logically" correct to many of the hackers that live on
this list, it is a convenient way to explain the difference to artists
just beginning in this world. Block size was the technical answer I gave.

Now that I know this is false, I need a new explanation. Plus I'd like
to know what the limits of message processing speed are. In "real time",
please.

best,
d.

--