[PD] What exactly is a "stack overflow" ?

ilya .d errordeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 21:07:34 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 07:42:44PM +0000, Andy Farnell wrote:
> I know we like to pretend this is "feature", but isn't it time to treat it
> as a bug?

on one hand it is not a bug, as pd is a progarmming languge, like
for(;;); is not a bug, it's a feature as well as while(); so ..

but havind a simple C progarmm in for(;;) doesn't cause much trouble,
SIGINT usualy kills it ..
may be some protection should be considered for [bang(--[until],
so it doesn't cause the system such a DoS in this way..  i haven't actually tested this thing yet ..
is it really true , or somehow you can kill pd when it get in such a loop ?